Guidance for contribution to the project
Shubham Jain
2015-11-04 09:46:03 UTC
Hello,
I am really interest to contribute something for OpenWall. I am newbie
to Opensource. I am a Computer Science student, proficient in C,C++,Java
and Verilog, and have done courses - Crypography, Computer Architecture,
Operating Systems,Data Structure and Algorithms etc. I really loved the
Cryptography course and was really interested to work on some
Implementation part of it. Would you please guide me how should I start and
progress for the same.
I started reading the John the Ripper docs and wiki and seeing some use of
GPU programming, have started learning OpenCL. Thanks in advance.

Shubham Jain
magnum
2015-11-04 18:17:50 UTC
Post by Shubham Jain
Hello,
I am really interest to contribute something for OpenWall. I am newbie
to Opensource. I am a Computer Science student, proficient in C,C++,Java
and Verilog, and have done courses - Crypography, Computer Architecture,
Operating Systems,Data Structure and Algorithms etc. I really loved the
Cryptography course and was really interested to work on some
Implementation part of it. Would you please guide me how should I start and
progress for the same.
I started reading the John the Ripper docs and wiki and seeing some use of
GPU programming, have started learning OpenCL. Thanks in advance.
Welcome,

Most JtR development is based on bleeding-jumbo branch of
https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper and there are plenty of
GitHub "issues" open. Some are bugs, many are enhancements or new
formats. Some are super trivial and some are very hard - or tedious. So
you could pick anything suitable and we appreciate quality pull
requests! Then again, you are obviously not limited to existing issues.

magnum